Department of Child Studies
• Introduction to Department
To fill our lives with contentment, all our children should be brought up brightly, healthily and creatively. Therefore, the role of kindergarten teachers (who will be the ‘first teacher in their lives’) is very important. The department of Children Studies serves to train effective teachers to make our lives and the lives of our children more complete.
• Education Policy
This department aims to endow young professionals with the academic capacity to positively influence diverse industries through study in basic theories such as electronic circuitry and digital engineering, and practical experiments in various technologies (such as automatic control and collective circuit design, etc.). In addition, the aim of education is to provide technology-oriented education that can have immediate application in the industrial sector.
• Department Specifications
- Practical business-based education through theory and on-site practice
- Provides internships for students during vacations at our sister school, Uzumi Kindergarten in Japan.
- Provide unique department scholarships (Industrial Scholarship, Alumni Scholarship, Faculty Scholarship, etc.)
• Education Policy
To cultivate creative specialists of education for children by fostering professional knowledge and attitudes.
• Main subjects
- Outline of Childcare Study: The students are to directly practice all the courses to adapt the site along with basic qualification and talents as the childcare teacher including the theories on concepts, necessity and principle of childcare.
- Theory of Child Development: The students are to learn the specifics of each stage of child development through abundant multimedia material. Students will learn various academic theories which can be applied to the education of, not only children, but for all mankind.
- Child Reading Guidance: The students are to make reading materials and receive practical experience with these materials as they teach children to read with ‘fun’ and ‘happiness.’ The students’ goal is to maximize the effects of reading, which is a fundamental route for emotional and intellectual development.
- Creativity Research: The students are to learn various techniques and basic theories of creativity and material development to expand and deepen their creative potential in order to, in turn, endow the children of the 21st century with the creative power that will be essential to their success.
- Educational Psychology: The students are to learn various psychological educational problems that can be encountered and how to address them in the classroom. Quality teachers must gain knowledge of psychology and develop techniques to increase the effectiveness of education.
• Post-Graduation Career
Kindergarten, children welfare facility, educational company, reading guide, children’s consulting institute, after-school class, composition class, etc.
- Nuturing Teacher (Class 2)
- Practice Teacher
- Creativity Instructor
- Reading Instructor
- After-School Instructor
- Fairy Tale Narrator
- Kids’ Folk Music Instructor
- Baby Massage Instructor
- Balloon Art Instructor
- Colored Paper Folding Instructor