Department of Logistics
• Background on Establishment of Department
Incheon is the center of logistics in Southern East Asia; Seoul-Incheon International Airport is located inside the city. Due to the rapid population increase resulting from the development of new cities such as Cheongla, Nonhyeon, and Songdo International City (which is the international free trade area), it is imperative to train the young professionals needed to support necessary logistics in new corporations, logistics enterprises, and the general population who live near the sea port and the airport areas.
• Aim of Education
Development of logistics and trade professionals with international capabilities through on-site oriented education.
• Post-graduation Career
(Academy-industry cooperative industry)
- Shinsegae E-mart: Benefit of tuition payment and scholarship after 2-month on-site internship, for 40 students, twice per year
- LG Hi-plaza: Benefit of tuition payment and 2-month on-site internship for 20 students, twice per year
- Internship for 40 people at 20 logistics companies at Incheon Port or Incheon International Airport(Employment enterprise)
Since 2007, internship partners have included logistics industries (such as Shinsegae E-mart and LG Hi-plaza), logistics enterprises, and forwarding companies (located at Incheon Port and Incheon International Airport).
- Logistics Manager
- Information Processing Engineer
- Dockyard Manager
- Telemarketing Manager
- E-commerce Trade Manager
- Sales Manager
- Consumer Consultant
- Tariffs Agent
- International Trader
- Goods Caretaker